On the Hill: Beautiful views at Vail
December 31, 2013
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down Pickaroon on Vail Mountain.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0″ new snow overnight, 8″ in last week
Vail Daily field report: There was a slight layer of dust on the slopes this morning
Weather: Very cloudy this morning
Liftline status: Crowded again today, especially for a Monday
Run of the day: Riva was groomed top to bottom
Breakdown: With an ever so slight spread of dust layering over Vail Mountain last night, the surface on the slopes first thing this morning was really nice. But as crowds ski it up it’s likely to get icy.
Snowcast: The National Weather service is forecasting a 50 percent chance of snow for Tuesday.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Glenwood commuting challenge mounts for Eagle County residents
- Woodchuck starts car fire in Steamboat Springs, flees scene, later apprehended
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident
- Huskies 3,200 relay strikes gold at state meet