On the Hill: Beautiful views at Vail
December 31, 2013
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down Pickaroon on Vail Mountain.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0″ new snow overnight, 8″ in last week
Vail Daily field report: There was a slight layer of dust on the slopes this morning
Weather: Very cloudy this morning
Liftline status: Crowded again today, especially for a Monday
Run of the day: Riva was groomed top to bottom
Breakdown: With an ever so slight spread of dust layering over Vail Mountain last night, the surface on the slopes first thing this morning was really nice. But as crowds ski it up it’s likely to get icy.
Snowcast: The National Weather service is forecasting a 50 percent chance of snow for Tuesday.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Missouri developer buys Leadville’s historic rail yard, plans mixed-use community
- Snowboarder charged $260K in damages from collision at Keystone won’t have to pay
- Johnstown man who died at Broncos game Monday leaves behind wife, five children
- Avon police put down deer injured by hunter
- Man ordered to pay $260K for reckless skiing in Keystone