On the Hill: Beaver Creek Christmas fun
December 25, 2013
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter/copy chief Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding down Centennial (Chair No. 6) at Beaver Creek Resort.
Ross Leonhart uses an iON AirPro3 action camera. Send comments and suggestions to email@example.com.
Beaver Creek official report: 4″ new snow, 20″ in last week
Weather: Sunny and cold
Liftline status: The holiday crowd has arrived. Lines aren’t too bad on the mountain, but there are definitely more people at Beaver Creek this week.
Run of the day: There’s some powder from yesterday to be found. Centennial was partially closed due to snowmaking, but it’s a nice combination of snow and groomed runs.
Breakdown: With 20 inches in the last week, there is a solid base at Beaver Creek for the Christmas holiday.
Snowcast: The National Weather service forecasts sunny skies through the weekend with temperatures in the 30s.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Missouri developer buys Leadville’s historic rail yard, plans mixed-use community
- Avon police put down deer injured by hunter
- Aspen man’s ‘I didn’t do it’ joke backfires spectacularly
- Man ordered to pay $260K for reckless skiing in Keystone
- Johnstown man who died at Broncos game Monday leaves behind wife, five children