On the Hill: Beaver Creek morning begins with blue skies
January 5, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter/copy chief Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding through some powder in the trees around Primrose at Beaver Creek Resort.
Ross Leonhart uses an iON AirPro3 action camera. Send comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beaver Creek official report: 10″ in last 24 hours, 13″ in last week
Weather: Partly cloudy and cold. Really cold.
Liftline status: Not too bad
Breakdown: Beaver Creek added 10 more inches Saturday, breaking the 100-inch mark for the season with 102. A great base layer is on the mountain, with some nice powder stated through out the runs.
Snowcast: The National Weather service forecasts a 60 percent chance of snow Sunday, mainly before 3 p.m. It also forecasts a high of 3 degrees. Monday and Tuesday are forecasted to be sunny, with a chance of snow Tuesday night.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Partially decomposed body found north of Eagle near Burger King
- One dead in apparent ATV crash in retail store parking lot in Gypsum
- Town of Eagle eyes nearly $83,000 total payment to former manager
- Luxury real estate in Beaver Creek to be sold through Instant Gavel auction app
- Breaking: Brush fire reported along Interstate 70 in Avon extinguished