On the Hill: Bike through Dowd Junction
July 24, 2014
Today’s activity: Biking through Dowd Junction on the Gore Valley recreation path
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Report: Dowd Junction connects one end of the Vail Valley to the other, and there’s only two ways through the large canyon – on the interstate, or on the bike path. Vail Daily reporter John LaConte takes viewers on a cruise through the canyon on the bike path, which is called the Gore Valley Trail.
Today’s forecast: Scattered showers and thunderstorms after 10 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 76. West southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50 percent. — National Weather Service
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- At Tommy Zima’s you’re not in Gypsum anymore
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks