On the Hill: Blue Ox on a Saturday, black or double black?
January 25, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down Blue Ox on Vail Mountain.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow in last 24 hours; 0 inches in last week
Weather: Warm temps with no clouds or wind
Liftline status: While it’s crowded on the runs, the liftlines aren’t bad at all at chairs 6 and 10
Run of the day: Blue Ox
Breakdown: The signs leading to Blue Ox list it as a black diamond, but according to the grooming report it’s a double black. When it’s groomed, it’s difficulty level can range from a blue square to double black diamond, depending on how many people are on it at the time.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service forecasts sunny skies through Sunday with a slight chance of snow Sunday night into Monday and Monday night.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Steadman Clinic, Vail Valley Medical Center unveil $68M expansion
- Gypsum woman wins $100,000 from lottery
- Probation sentence for seven-time DUI offender highlights prosecutors’ frustration over recent law change
- Dog seriously injured after run-in with skier on Tiehack in Aspen
- Vail police see increase in fraudulent ski passes