On the Hill: Blue Ox on a Saturday, black or double black?
January 25, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down Blue Ox on Vail Mountain.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow in last 24 hours; 0 inches in last week
Weather: Warm temps with no clouds or wind
Liftline status: While it’s crowded on the runs, the liftlines aren’t bad at all at chairs 6 and 10
Run of the day: Blue Ox
Breakdown: The signs leading to Blue Ox list it as a black diamond, but according to the grooming report it’s a double black. When it’s groomed, it’s difficulty level can range from a blue square to double black diamond, depending on how many people are on it at the time.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service forecasts sunny skies through Sunday with a slight chance of snow Sunday night into Monday and Monday night.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- One dead in apparent ATV crash in retail store parking lot in Gypsum
- Partially decomposed body found north of Eagle near Burger King
- Breaking: Mountain lion spotted near Eby Creek and U.S. Highway 6
- Town of Eagle eyes nearly $83,000 total payment to former manager
- Goat yoga — no kidding — available in Vail