On the Hill: Blue Ox on a Saturday, black or double black?
January 25, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down Blue Ox on Vail Mountain.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow in last 24 hours; 0 inches in last week
Weather: Warm temps with no clouds or wind
Liftline status: While it’s crowded on the runs, the liftlines aren’t bad at all at chairs 6 and 10
Run of the day: Blue Ox
Breakdown: The signs leading to Blue Ox list it as a black diamond, but according to the grooming report it’s a double black. When it’s groomed, it’s difficulty level can range from a blue square to double black diamond, depending on how many people are on it at the time.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service forecasts sunny skies through Sunday with a slight chance of snow Sunday night into Monday and Monday night.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Jury duty both frustrates and fulfills would-be jurors in Eagle County
- At Tommy Zima’s you’re not in Gypsum anymore
- Shifting silt soil moved to build Eagle school foundation on bedrock
- Riders turn out for Colorado-Eagle River Ride