On the Hill: Bluebird skies at the Beav’
April 10, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding down Willy’s Face at Beaver Creek.
Beaver Creek official report: 0 inches new snow in last 48 hours, 6 inches in the last week.
Weather: Mostly sunny
Liftline status: Not too bad
Breakdown: The western parts of the mountain (Strawberry Park, Bachelor Gulch, Arrowhead, Larkspur) are closed for the season, leaving the eastern parts (Centennial, Rose Bowl, Cinch, Birds of Prey and Grouse Mountain) open. There are plenty of fun groomers with the crews condensed to the eastern parts of the mountain, but the snow starts getting sticky later into the day. The morning groomers are running great before the snow begins to get sticky later in the day. Don’t forget your sunscreen!
Snowcast:The National Weather Service forecasts a chance of snow this weekend
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened
- At Tommy Zima’s you’re not in Gypsum anymore
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks