On the Hill: Bluebird skies at the Beav’
April 10, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding down Willy’s Face at Beaver Creek.
Beaver Creek official report: 0 inches new snow in last 48 hours, 6 inches in the last week.
Weather: Mostly sunny
Liftline status: Not too bad
Breakdown: The western parts of the mountain (Strawberry Park, Bachelor Gulch, Arrowhead, Larkspur) are closed for the season, leaving the eastern parts (Centennial, Rose Bowl, Cinch, Birds of Prey and Grouse Mountain) open. There are plenty of fun groomers with the crews condensed to the eastern parts of the mountain, but the snow starts getting sticky later into the day. The morning groomers are running great before the snow begins to get sticky later in the day. Don’t forget your sunscreen!
Snowcast:The National Weather Service forecasts a chance of snow this weekend
Trending In: On The Hill
- Vail Daily letter: A compliment for the community, a critique for the paper
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound reopened between main, East Vail exits
- Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident
- Glenwood commuting challenge mounts for Eagle County residents