On the Hill: Check out the powder under Chair 3 at Vail
November 25, 2013
Video: Join Vail Daily ‘On the Hill’ reporter John LaConte for a cruise, and a couple of tumbles, down Kangaroo Cornice and Look Ma on the third day of the Vail ski season.
Vail official report: 0″ new snow overnight, 8″ in last week
Vail Daily field report: No new snow this morning, but new openings allowed access to untracked snow
Liftline status: At 9:20 a.m. liftlines were non-existent at Chair 8, and less than 5 mins at the Eagle Bahn Gondola. This was also the case on Saturday, and by noon it was quite crowded. As always, get out early to best enjoy the mountain.
Breakdown: Now that chairs 2 and 3 are up and running, there’s plenty of ungroomed terrain open at Vail for powder lovers, and also plenty of nice groomers for those looking to do some easy schooshing.
Snowcast: NOAA is reporting there’s chance of snow before 1 p.m. today, then a chance of rain and snow between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m., and a chance of snow to follow after 3 p.m.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Glenwood commuting challenge mounts for Eagle County residents
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident
- Vail Daily letter: A compliment for the community, a critique for the paper
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound reopened between main, East Vail exits