On the Hill: Checking out the chondola construction in Beaver Creek
June 13, 2014
Today’s activity: Bike ride up to Beaver Creek to check out construction on Centennial Express (Chair 6) and the new chondola that will be replacing it. Also, take a look at some of the summer activities going on at Beaver Creek now.
Conditions: Centennial Express is well underway with construction of the new chondola – a first-of-its-kind six-person lift/gondola. Summer activities have begun at the base of Centennial, with more set to open June 14. The Strawberry Park lift will open for summer fun after the elk migration (around the beginning of July).
Today’s weather: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 60. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. — National Weather Service
Trending In: On The Hill
- Vail Daily letter: A compliment for the community, a critique for the paper
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound reopened between main, East Vail exits
- Eagle town manager placed on ‘indefinite paid administrative leave’
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident
- Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades