On the Hill: Cloudy at Vail
April 8, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers a Vail conditions report while snowboarding down Genghis Khan in China Bowl.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official snow report: 3 inches new snow in the last 24 hours as of 5 a.m.
Vail official snow depth report: 78-inch mid mountain base, 307 inches this season
Weather: Mostly cloudy
Liftline status: Dead
Breakdown: Crowds weren’t bad yesterday, and it stayed cold and cloudy enough that there’s still plenty of powder left open in the wide open bowls of Vail, not to mention the stash spots.
Snowcast: We’ve another chance of snow for this weekend, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Vail Daily letter: A compliment for the community, a critique for the paper
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound reopened between main, East Vail exits
- Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident
- Glenwood commuting challenge mounts for Eagle County residents