On the Hill: Cool clouds over Chair 26 on its last day of operation for 13-14 season
April 6, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers a Vail conditions report while snowboarding underneath Chair 26 Pride Express.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 1 inch new snow in the last 24 hours as of 5 a.m., 7 inches in the last week
Weather: Partly cloudy
Liftline status: Not so bad for a Sunday
Breakdown: With snowfall beginning and a low level of cloud cover enveloping the peaks of Vail, today is not as great of a day for skiing as tomorrow is looking to be. But it’s the last day Chair 26 is running, so get in your laps on that chair today while you still can.
Snowcast: A burst of moderate to heavy snow Sunday night will create soft turns for Monday morning, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Armed carjacking near Red Cliff has police searching for two suspects
- Avon video game store robbed; police searching for suspect
- Vonn returning to Vail; extends career one more season
- Lots of factors play into decline of Mexican travelers in Vail
- Training for Trump: Air Force at Eagle County airport for high altitude flight training