On the Hill: Cool clouds over Vail Mtn
March 27, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding from Lionshead to Golden Peak at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow in the last 24 hours, 7 inches in the last week
Weather: Partly cloudy
Liftline status: Not so bad today
Breakdown: There’s a beautiful covering of clouds over Vail Mountain on Wednesday, the sun’s poking through at times so enjoy it while you can. The catwalks are running as fast as they get; it’s fun day to try to stack horizontal feet rather than vertical, and work on your skills going straight on catwalks and not swerving from side to side.
Snowcast: Most mountains in Colorado will see 10 or more inches of new snow by Friday morning, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Eagle, homeowner team up on grant request to tear down Broadway house
- School board says no to Walking Mountains, yes to $510K scholastic app
- American Airlines will have daily air service from Dallas to Eagle County
- Alleged internet predator arrested, jailed for sex with 13-year-old girl
- Hovey & Harrison opening in Edwards, offering meal subscriptions