On the Hill: Cool comp underway at Vail
February 22, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while enjoying the North America Cup Moguls competition currently underway at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow overnight, 3 inches in last week
Weather: Very cloudy and windy on the ridges
Liftline status: Pretty busy in Lionshead and at Chair 2, presumably due to late openings in the back
Breakdown: Despite less than ideal ski conditions, it’s a really fun day on Vail Mountain as a North America Cup Moguls competition will be underway all day Saturday and Sunday, featuring top-tier athletes like Bryon Wilson, who won bronze at the 2010 Olympics.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service forecasts a 50 percent chance of snow Saturday.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Vail Daily letter: A compliment for the community, a critique for the paper
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound reopened between main, East Vail exits
- Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident
- Eagle town manager placed on ‘indefinite paid administrative leave’