On the Hill: Deep powder at Vail
January 30, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down Jade Glade and Genghis Kahn run on Vail Mountain.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 5 inches new snow as of 5 a.m.
Liftline status: Not bad for a powder day, presumably due to Vail Pass being closed for a while this morning
Run of the day: Anything steep
Breakdown: With 5 inches as of 5 a.m. and more steadily dropping since then, it’s a deep powder day at Vail. It’s storm skiing, visibility is tough, beware of vertigo but don’t let it hold you back – if you fall it won’t hurt.
Snowcast: Forecasters are saying we should receive a foot or more Wednesday through Friday.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Skier dies at Loveland Ski Area Friday
- Tennis sensation Venus Williams orbits into Vail’s Homestead Court Club
- PHOTOS: Lindsey Vonn skis with avalanche dogs on Vail Mountain
- Changing of the guard: Trio of local restaurants shift management, ownership
- How 85-year-old Ruby Stein and her cat survived five frigid days stranded south of Gypsum