On the Hill: Deep powder at Vail
January 30, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down Jade Glade and Genghis Kahn run on Vail Mountain.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 5 inches new snow as of 5 a.m.
Liftline status: Not bad for a powder day, presumably due to Vail Pass being closed for a while this morning
Run of the day: Anything steep
Breakdown: With 5 inches as of 5 a.m. and more steadily dropping since then, it’s a deep powder day at Vail. It’s storm skiing, visibility is tough, beware of vertigo but don’t let it hold you back – if you fall it won’t hurt.
Snowcast: Forecasters are saying we should receive a foot or more Wednesday through Friday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery