On the Hill: Epic conditions at Vail
February 4, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding through Cheetah Gully on Vail Mountain.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 2 inches new snow and 36 inches in week as of 5 a.m.
Vail Daily field report: There’s 3-4 inches of fresh on the ground, and the entire 3 feet we recently received is still untracked in places
Weather: Partly cloudy, snowing on and off
Liftline status: Not bad at all
Run of the day: Cheetah Gully
Breakdown: Just about anywhere you go at Vail today, you’re going to find great snow. The groomers are soft and nice, and the trees and less traveled areas have several feet available for shredding.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service says it should snow every day this week
Trending In: On The Hill
- Vonn returning to Vail; extends career one more season
- Armed carjacking near Red Cliff has police searching for two suspects
- Mysterious Aspen ski rental contract may relate to Trumps
- Lots of factors play into decline of Mexican travelers in Vail
- Avon video game store robbed; police searching for suspect