On the Hill: Explore the Gore Valley Trail
June 13, 2014
Today’s activity: Hiking the Gore Valley Trail from Cascade Village to the Vail Public Library
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Report: While many of the trails in Vail are closed until June 16 or later due to elk migration, the paved Gore Valley Trail, which runs for 12 miles from East Vail to Dowd Junction, is open to a plethora of activity. Joggers, bikers, walkers and skateboarders and more share the path, which runs alongside Gore Creek in Vail.
Today’s weather: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 3 p.m. Mostly sunny, with a high near 67. South southeast wind around 10 mph becoming west in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. — National Weather Service
Trending In: On The Hill
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past
- New Eagle City Market compiles positive comments, sales tax numbers
- Real estate options in Wildridge offer privacy, open space and value (video)
- Vail Daily column: Summer paid parking in Vail?