On the Hill: Fat Tuesday luck at Vail
March 4, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down Spruce Alley on Vail Mountain.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow in the last 24 hours, 16 inches in the last week
Weather: A layer of high cloud cover is preventing the sun from breaking through completely, but it’s still quite sunny with warm temperatures.
Liftline status: Pretty busy today at Chairs 2 and 4
Breakdown: It didn’t get too cold last night so the untracked snow left over from the last dump – of which there’s plenty – is still soft and nice.
Snowcast: The next significant storm will bring 3-6 inches or more from Tuesday afternoon through Tuesday night, with the highest accumulations along and north of I-70, reports Meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Eagle, homeowner team up on grant request to tear down Broadway house
- American Airlines will have daily air service from Dallas to Eagle County
- School board says no to Walking Mountains, yes to $510K scholastic app
- Alleged internet predator arrested, jailed for sex with 13-year-old girl
- Hovey & Harrison opening in Edwards, offering meal subscriptions