On the Hill: Fluffy snow at Vail
Ryan Summerlin March 23, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding through Teacup Bowl at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 7 inches new snow in last 24 hours as of 5 a.m.
Vail Daily field report: There’s a foot of fresh in places
Weather: Cold and sunny
Liftline status: Not too bad at Chair 6
Breakdown: The storm that came through Colorado yesterday was good to Vail, there’s half a foot of fresh snow on the open runs and a full foot in the trees. For the first time in a while, it’s a bluebird powder day.
Snowcast: Following today’s storm it should snow Wednesday night through Friday morning, with additional storms possible during the first week of April, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Trending In: On The Hill
- The big surprise: Bride says ‘I will’ and ‘I do’ on same day atop Vail Mountain
- Vail Valley Foundation names new board chair
- Sophisticated scammers try to swindle local businesses
- Vail Beaver Creek Restaurant Week makes offseason eats affordable with $20.16 price points
- Avon Town Council denies sales tax rebate