On the Hill: Fluffy snow at Vail
March 23, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding through Teacup Bowl at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 7 inches new snow in last 24 hours as of 5 a.m.
Vail Daily field report: There’s a foot of fresh in places
Weather: Cold and sunny
Liftline status: Not too bad at Chair 6
Breakdown: The storm that came through Colorado yesterday was good to Vail, there’s half a foot of fresh snow on the open runs and a full foot in the trees. For the first time in a while, it’s a bluebird powder day.
Snowcast: Following today’s storm it should snow Wednesday night through Friday morning, with additional storms possible during the first week of April, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Vail Valley Foundation announces free concert lineup for Vail and Eagle
- Hanging Lake emergencies consuming Glenwood Fire Department resources
- Crisis actor allegedly refers to himself as ‘God’ after DUI arrest in Aspen
- Vail Resorts, Summit County at odds over deal for new apartment project
- Vail Daily guest column: Dog rescued from shelter now saves humans’ lives