On the Hill: Fluffy snow at Vail
March 23, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding through Teacup Bowl at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 7 inches new snow in last 24 hours as of 5 a.m.
Vail Daily field report: There’s a foot of fresh in places
Weather: Cold and sunny
Liftline status: Not too bad at Chair 6
Breakdown: The storm that came through Colorado yesterday was good to Vail, there’s half a foot of fresh snow on the open runs and a full foot in the trees. For the first time in a while, it’s a bluebird powder day.
Snowcast: Following today’s storm it should snow Wednesday night through Friday morning, with additional storms possible during the first week of April, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Avon video game store robbed; police searching for suspect
- Two men found dead in El Jebel area; third person taken to hospital
- In improbable scenario, Devils topple Huskies
- Training for Trump: Air Force at Eagle County airport for high altitude flight training
- Dog dollars: Off-leash pets cost taxpayers hundreds of thousands dollars, law enforcement thousands of hours