On the Hill: Forever now open at Vail
December 24, 2013
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down the run entitled “Forever” at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 3″ new snow overnight, 24″ in last week
Vail Daily field report: There’s 2 feet of untouched snow in places
Weather: Cloudy, with light snow at the higher elevations
Liftline status: Crowded today
Run of the day: Forever just opened in Sun Down Bowl, but the conditions are tough
Breakdown: With nearly 2 feet of new snow in the last week, conditions are fantastic at Vail. The mountain has roughly 3,300 acres open and there’s powder stashes everywhere.
Snowcast: Today will be snowy, but it’s supposed to dry up for the rest of the week, reports the National Weather Service.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- Locals searching for dog that fled head-on crash on Vail Pass Saturday
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations