On the Hill: Forever now open at Vail
December 24, 2013
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down the run entitled “Forever” at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 3″ new snow overnight, 24″ in last week
Vail Daily field report: There’s 2 feet of untouched snow in places
Weather: Cloudy, with light snow at the higher elevations
Liftline status: Crowded today
Run of the day: Forever just opened in Sun Down Bowl, but the conditions are tough
Breakdown: With nearly 2 feet of new snow in the last week, conditions are fantastic at Vail. The mountain has roughly 3,300 acres open and there’s powder stashes everywhere.
Snowcast: Today will be snowy, but it’s supposed to dry up for the rest of the week, reports the National Weather Service.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Activewear company Liquido ticketed, faces fines for Hanging Lake conduct
- Vail Valley Foundation announces free concert lineup for Vail and Eagle
- ‘Poop patrol’ aims to fix park waste issue
- Occupants escape car after it goes into Crystal River near Carbondale
- Vail Daily guest column: Dog rescued from shelter now saves humans’ lives