On the Hill: Fresh powder at Vail
April 4, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding through the Yonder trees at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 1 inch new snow in the last 24 hours as of 5 a.m., 6 inches in the last week
Vail Daily field report: There’s a foot of untracked snow still available in places
Weather: Cold and sunny
Liftline status: Not busy anywhere today
Breakdown: While Vail has only reported receiving 6 inches of snow in the last week, it feels like we’ve received a foot of snow over the course of the last few days, and the evidence is still there for the shredding in the trees and lesser-traveled areas.
Snowcast: Light to moderate snow will fall Saturday, then heavier snowfall will hit Sunday night 6+ inches of fresh powder for areas along I-70 by Monday morning, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Glenwood commuting challenge mounts for Eagle County residents
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident
- Woodchuck starts car fire in Steamboat Springs, flees scene, later apprehended
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound reopened between main, East Vail exits