On the Hill: Fresh powder at Vail
April 4, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding through the Yonder trees at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 1 inch new snow in the last 24 hours as of 5 a.m., 6 inches in the last week
Vail Daily field report: There’s a foot of untracked snow still available in places
Weather: Cold and sunny
Liftline status: Not busy anywhere today
Breakdown: While Vail has only reported receiving 6 inches of snow in the last week, it feels like we’ve received a foot of snow over the course of the last few days, and the evidence is still there for the shredding in the trees and lesser-traveled areas.
Snowcast: Light to moderate snow will fall Saturday, then heavier snowfall will hit Sunday night 6+ inches of fresh powder for areas along I-70 by Monday morning, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Skier dies at Loveland Ski Area Friday
- Envisioning a future Gypsum: Community’s new master plan contemplates ‘nontraditional’ downtown
- Tennis sensation Venus Williams orbits into Vail’s Homestead Court Club
- Eagle’s Pickups Pizza expands menu, hours
- A sacred place: A tribute to Sandy Treat and the 10th Mountain Division