On the Hill: Fresh snow, sun at Vail
Ryan Summerlin March 8, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down Sourdough on Vail Mountain.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 5 inches new snow in last 24 hours as of 5 a.m.; 2 inches overnight
Vail Daily field report: 2 inches overnight felt right on
Weather: Very sunny, but temperatures on top of the mountain are a little colder than they’ve been recently
Liftline status: Very busy today, the Vail parking structure was full by 10 a.m.
Breakdown: There waa nice, fluffy layer of new snow on top of the surface on Vail Mountain this morning, making conditions wonderful for gliding.
Snowcast: The next storm will bring increased wind but no snow on Monday, with snow starting by sunrise Tuesday morning and lasting through the day on Tuesday, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Trending In: On The Hill
- The big surprise: Bride says ‘I will’ and ‘I do’ on same day atop Vail Mountain
- Vail Valley Foundation names new board chair
- Sophisticated scammers try to swindle local businesses
- Vail Beaver Creek Restaurant Week makes offseason eats affordable with $20.16 price points
- Avon Town Council denies sales tax rebate