On the Hill: Fresh snow, sun at Vail
March 12, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding in the Golden Peak area on Vail Mountain.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 1 inch new snow overnight, 4 inches in last 24 hours as of 5 a.m.
Vail Daily field report: The was a slight layer of new snow on the main slopes this morning, but the full 4-5 inches we received from this storm is still available elsewhere.
Weather: Sunny, a little colder but warming up
Liftline status: Not too bad
Breakdown: Shaded, higher elevation north facing slopes is where you’ll find some decent snow today. If you get a chance, check out the amazing transformation that Golden Peak has underwent, seemingly overnight, as the enormous slopestyle course is now a smooth, flat surface.
Snowcast: Another quick-moving storm, like today’s storm, will move across the northern half of Colorado on Saturday, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Skier dies at Loveland Ski Area Friday
- Tennis sensation Venus Williams orbits into Vail’s Homestead Court Club
- PHOTOS: Lindsey Vonn skis with avalanche dogs on Vail Mountain
- How 85-year-old Ruby Stein and her cat survived five frigid days stranded south of Gypsum
- Clear Creek coroner: Loveland Ski Area ski patrol mishandled dead skier’s body