On the Hill: Fun features at Vail
January 18, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding through the Golden Peak terrain park at Vail
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow in last 24 hours; 16 inches in last week
Weather: Very sunny and cold
Liftline status: Not bad at all
Run of the day: Lindsey’s was groomed
Breakdown: With the weekend crowd heading to the back to see what’s left of the snow they enjoyed last weekend, frontside stashes are a good place to spend the morning, and if you want to work on some freestyle fundamentals in the park there’s hardly anyone there in the morning so you can practice in peace.
Snowcast: Meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com says our next chance of snow will be from a weak storm that moves through Colorado on Friday, Jan. 24.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Glenwood commuting challenge mounts for Eagle County residents
- Woodchuck starts car fire in Steamboat Springs, flees scene, later apprehended
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident
- Huskies 3,200 relay strikes gold at state meet