On the Hill: Fun morning on Vail Mountain
March 14, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down Northstar on Vail Mountain.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow overnight, 9 inches in the last week
Weather: Sunny, fairly cold
Liftline status: Eagle Bahn gondola had a full maze by 9:30 a.m.
Breakdown: The sunny mornings have been really nice at Vail – the first hour the mountain is open is the best time to enjoy the fruits of the Vail grooming crew’s labor.
Snowcast: Another quick-moving storm will move across the northern half of Colorado on Saturday, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past
- New Eagle City Market compiles positive comments, sales tax numbers
- Real estate options in Wildridge offer privacy, open space and value (video)
- Vail Daily column: Summer paid parking in Vail?