On the Hill: Getting icy at Beaver Creek
February 27, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding down Red Tail at Beaver Creek.
Beaver Creek official report: 0 inches overnight, 1 inch in last 48 hours and 2″ in last week.
Weather: Mostly sunny and warm
Liftline status: Not too bad
Breakdown: The mountain is in need of some fresh snow. It’s getting icy and tough on parts of the mountain, including Grouse.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service forecasts a chance of snow through the weekend, with 2-4 inches of accumulation expected for Thursday night and 1-3 for Friday night.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Glenwood commuting challenge mounts for Eagle County residents
- Woodchuck starts car fire in Steamboat Springs, flees scene, later apprehended
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident
- Huskies 3,200 relay strikes gold at state meet