On the Hill: Getting icy at Beaver Creek
February 27, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding down Red Tail at Beaver Creek.
Beaver Creek official report: 0 inches overnight, 1 inch in last 48 hours and 2″ in last week.
Weather: Mostly sunny and warm
Liftline status: Not too bad
Breakdown: The mountain is in need of some fresh snow. It’s getting icy and tough on parts of the mountain, including Grouse.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service forecasts a chance of snow through the weekend, with 2-4 inches of accumulation expected for Thursday night and 1-3 for Friday night.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks