On the Hill: Giddy up with Sage Outdoor Adventures
August 1, 2014
Today’s activity: Horseback riding at Piney Valley Ranch in Wolcott
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Report: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte rides horses with Sage Outdoor Adventures, who operates on Piney Valley Ranch in Wolcott. No two of Sage’s horseback riding trips are the same, as the private land lease allows guides to explore the entire 6,000 acres, not just the trails. The land starts at 8,100 feet and reaches heights of 10,000 feet.
Today’s forecast: A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 9am. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 72. Light and variable wind becoming east northeast 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. — National Weather Service
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened