On the Hill: Great groomers at the Beav’
April 9, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding down Gold Dust at Beaver Creek.
Beaver Creek official report: 1 inch new snow in last 48 hours, 11 inches in the last week.
Weather: Mostly sunny
Liftline status: Not too bad
Breakdown: The western parts of the mountain (Strawberry Park, Bachelor Gulch, Arrowhead, Larkspur) are closed for the season, leaving the eastern parts (Centennial, Rose Bowl, Cinch, Birds of Prey and Grouse Mountain) open. There are plenty of fun groomers with the crews condensed to the eastern parts of the mountain, but the snow starts getting sticky later into the day.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- One dead in apparent ATV crash in retail store parking lot in Gypsum
- Partially decomposed body found north of Eagle near Burger King
- Breaking: Mountain lion spotted near Eby Creek and U.S. Highway 6
- Town of Eagle eyes nearly $83,000 total payment to former manager
- Goat yoga — no kidding — available in Vail