On the Hill: Great groomers at the Beav’
April 9, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding down Gold Dust at Beaver Creek.
Beaver Creek official report: 1 inch new snow in last 48 hours, 11 inches in the last week.
Weather: Mostly sunny
Liftline status: Not too bad
Breakdown: The western parts of the mountain (Strawberry Park, Bachelor Gulch, Arrowhead, Larkspur) are closed for the season, leaving the eastern parts (Centennial, Rose Bowl, Cinch, Birds of Prey and Grouse Mountain) open. There are plenty of fun groomers with the crews condensed to the eastern parts of the mountain, but the snow starts getting sticky later into the day.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Avon video game store robbed; police searching for suspect
- Two men found dead in El Jebel area; third person taken to hospital
- In improbable scenario, Devils topple Huskies
- Training for Trump: Air Force at Eagle County airport for high altitude flight training
- Dog dollars: Off-leash pets cost taxpayers hundreds of thousands dollars, law enforcement thousands of hours