On the Hill: Great groomers at the Beav’
April 9, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding down Gold Dust at Beaver Creek.
Beaver Creek official report: 1 inch new snow in last 48 hours, 11 inches in the last week.
Weather: Mostly sunny
Liftline status: Not too bad
Breakdown: The western parts of the mountain (Strawberry Park, Bachelor Gulch, Arrowhead, Larkspur) are closed for the season, leaving the eastern parts (Centennial, Rose Bowl, Cinch, Birds of Prey and Grouse Mountain) open. There are plenty of fun groomers with the crews condensed to the eastern parts of the mountain, but the snow starts getting sticky later into the day.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Jury duty both frustrates and fulfills would-be jurors in Eagle County
- Beaver Creek upgrades beginner lift — at highest point of mountain
- Riders turn out for Colorado-Eagle River Ride