On the Hill: Great snow at Beaver Creek
February 8, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter/copy chief Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding in Upper Stone Creek Chutes at Beaver Creek.
Ross Leonhart uses a GoPro Hero2 action camera. Send comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beaver Creek official report: 0″ overnight, 1″ in last 48 hours and 15″ in last week
Weather: Cold and mostly cloudy with periodic snowfall
Liftline status: Not too bad
Breakdown: Despite 0 inches reported, there’s some great powder around the Beav’. The groomers have a nice little fresh layer of powder, and the Upper Stone Creek Chutes have staches everywhere.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service forecasts snow through Monday, with 3-7 inches forecasted for Saturday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- At Tommy Zima’s you’re not in Gypsum anymore
- Jury duty both frustrates and fulfills would-be jurors in Eagle County
- Shifting silt soil moved to build Eagle school foundation on bedrock
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened