On the Hill: Indoor climbing on a rainy day in Vail
June 3, 2013
Today’s activity: Indoor bouldering on a home-made climbing wall.
Today’s weather: Cold and rainy, hailing in Vail at times, but giving way to some sun as the afternoon progresses.
Forecast: Tomorrow should be nicer, say forecasters.
Conditions: It’s been raining and even hailing at times, making things unpleasant for climbers. While some will chalk up their hands and bear the moist surfaces, on days like this many are apt to practice indoors at places like the Vail Athletic Club and the Edwards Rec Center, where you can tune your skills in a controlled environment and don’t have to contend with intermittent showers.
The Beaver Creek hiking center specializes in guided interpretive nature hikes and mountain bike tours.
Lakota Guides offers guided raft trips for all abilities in and around Eagle County.
Beaver Creek offers signature events throughout the summer season, including Brews, Blues and BBQ.
On the Hill Winter documented 150 straight days of ski conditions on Vail Mountain.
Zip Adventures provides guests of the Vail Valley with world-class zip line adventures experiences
Mountain Pedaler of Vail is the number one source for your cycling needs in the Vail Valley.
Sundays June 16- Sept 22rd, 2013 on Meadow Drive in Vail Village from 10 AM- 3:30 PM.
Nova’s knowledgeable local guides are always prepared to show you a great time
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- Locals searching for dog that fled head-on crash on Vail Pass Saturday
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations