On the Hill: Knee deep powder at Vail
March 19, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding through the powder on Vail Mountain’s Forever run.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 6 inches new snow in last 24 hours, 12 inches in the last week
Weather: Snowing heavily on top of the mountain
Liftline status: Not bad for a powder day
Breakdown: The storm that is rolling through Vail is leaving much more snow than forecasted. It’s a light, fluffy snow on top of the mountain, and while it feels like it’s approaching a foot on the ground, you can cut through it pretty easily and still scrape the surface.
Snowcast: Expect it to continue Tuesday, and then more light snow is on the way for Friday night, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Glenwood commuting challenge mounts for Eagle County residents
- Woodchuck starts car fire in Steamboat Springs, flees scene, later apprehended
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident
- Huskies 3,200 relay strikes gold at state meet