On the Hill: Knee deep powder at Vail
March 19, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding through the powder on Vail Mountain’s Forever run.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 6 inches new snow in last 24 hours, 12 inches in the last week
Weather: Snowing heavily on top of the mountain
Liftline status: Not bad for a powder day
Breakdown: The storm that is rolling through Vail is leaving much more snow than forecasted. It’s a light, fluffy snow on top of the mountain, and while it feels like it’s approaching a foot on the ground, you can cut through it pretty easily and still scrape the surface.
Snowcast: Expect it to continue Tuesday, and then more light snow is on the way for Friday night, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- One dead in apparent ATV crash in retail store parking lot in Gypsum
- Partially decomposed body found north of Eagle near Burger King
- Breaking: Mountain lion spotted near Eby Creek and U.S. Highway 6
- Goat yoga — no kidding — available in Vail
- Town of Eagle eyes nearly $83,000 total payment to former manager