On the Hill: Longboarding Vail Pass
July 23, 2014
Today’s activity: Longboarding the Vail Pass recreation path
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Report: At 10,633 feet, Vail Pass reaches the second-highest point on any interstate in the U.S., and is the only mountain pass in Colorado that’s home to an interstate with a paved recreation path running alongside it. This makes it a destination for longboarders, who enjoy being off the streets and away from cars while cruising a high speeds.
Today’s forecast: A 20 percent chance of rain and thunderstorms after 2 p.m. — National Weather Service
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- At Tommy Zima’s you’re not in Gypsum anymore
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks