On the Hill: Lucky storm headed for Vail?
March 17, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down Whiskey Jack on Vail Mountain.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow in last 24 hours, 6 inches in the last week
Weather: Very cloudy
Liftline status: Lines are much shorter than yesterday
Breakdown: It looks like a storm is on the way at Vail, just as forecasted. The heavy clouds over head are making visibility difficult, so be careful out there.
Snowcast: There may be a few hours of steadier snow along and north of I-70 on Monday evening, then the precipitation will be showery (on-and-off) on Tuesday, and total accumulations could be around 4 inches along I-70, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- Locals searching for dog that fled head-on crash on Vail Pass Saturday
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations