On the Hill: Massive powder at the Beav’
January 11, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter/copy chief Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while taking his chances snowboarding through powder down No Chance in Stone Creek Chutes at Beaver Creek Resort.
Ross Leonhart uses an iON AirPro3 action camera. Send comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beaver Creek official report: 2″ in last 24 hours, 25″ in last week
Weather: The sun is out in the morning, with a few clouds.
Liftline status: Busy
Breakdown: Beaver Creek reported 2 inches of new snow overnight, 8 inches in the past 24 hours and 25 in the past week, making conditions great at the Beav’.
Snowcast: The National Weather service forecasts a 35 percent chance of snow Saturday and blowing snow Saturday night and another chance of snow before 11 p.m.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Vonn returning to Vail; extends career one more season
- Armed carjacking near Red Cliff has police searching for two suspects
- Avon video game store robbed; police searching for suspect
- Lots of factors play into decline of Mexican travelers in Vail
- Mysterious Aspen ski rental contract may relate to Trumps