On the Hill: More fresh snow at Vail
February 8, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down the Old 9 Line at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 4 inches new snow and 18 inches in last week as of 5 a.m.
Weather: Snowing on and off
Liftline status: Getting busier
Run of the day: Faro, a run that isn’t often groomed, was groomed today
Breakdown: With most of the back closed yesterday, and Vail receiving another 4 inches in the last 24 hours, the back bowls will have great powder skiing today. And there’s some great runs on the grooming map today, as well, like Headwall, Faro and Riva.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service says it should continue snowing through Monday
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery