On the Hill: More powder at Vail
February 1, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down Roger’s Run on Vail Mountain.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 6 inches new snow and 27 inches in last 48 hours as of 5 a.m.
Weather: Snowing lightly
Liftline status: Crowded, but not as bad as Friday in a reversal of the usual weekend scenario
Run of the day: Anything steep
Breakdown: While the mountain got beat up pretty bad on Friday from all the crowds, overnight snowfall gave us some free refills for Saturday. It’s powder conditions for certain, but you’ll probably be able to move around a little easier than yesterday.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service forecasts light snow Saturday, and another chance of snow Monday and Tuesday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Vail Valley Foundation announces free concert lineup for Vail and Eagle
- Hanging Lake emergencies consuming Glenwood Fire Department resources
- Vail Resorts, Summit County at odds over deal for new apartment project
- Crisis actor allegedly refers to himself as ‘God’ after DUI arrest in Aspen
- Vail Daily guest column: Dog rescued from shelter now saves humans’ lives