On the Hill: More powder at Vail
February 1, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down Roger’s Run on Vail Mountain.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 6 inches new snow and 27 inches in last 48 hours as of 5 a.m.
Weather: Snowing lightly
Liftline status: Crowded, but not as bad as Friday in a reversal of the usual weekend scenario
Run of the day: Anything steep
Breakdown: While the mountain got beat up pretty bad on Friday from all the crowds, overnight snowfall gave us some free refills for Saturday. It’s powder conditions for certain, but you’ll probably be able to move around a little easier than yesterday.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service forecasts light snow Saturday, and another chance of snow Monday and Tuesday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- Dogs of Vail: This town has gone to the dogs — from hotels to bars, dogs are welcome
- Vail Daily letter: Anti-Trump sign inappropriate for Fourth of July parade