On the Hill: New snow and tons of sun on Vail Mountain
January 7, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while one-foot snowboarding down Simba Run in Vail
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 3 inches new snow overnight, 17 inches in last week
Weather: Very sunny and very cold
Liftline status: About a 10 minute wait at Eagle Bahn Gondola at 9:30 a.m.
Run of the day: Simba was running really nice if you like groomers, powder hounds best head back to Blue Sky Basin
Breakdown: Cold temperatures are slowing the snow down once again. And with the especialy sunny skies we’re seeing today, it’s going to be a tough day on your face. Stay protected.
Snowcast: The National Weather service forecasts sunny skies Monday and Tuesday morning with an increasing chance of snow Tuesday night into Wednesday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Hanging Lake emergencies consuming Glenwood Fire Department resources
- Vail Valley Foundation announces free concert lineup for Vail and Eagle
- Vail Resorts, Summit County at odds over deal for new apartment project
- Crisis actor allegedly refers to himself as ‘God’ after DUI arrest in Aspen
- ‘No evidence’ as judge drops pot charge against Eagle county surveyor