On the Hill: New snow and tons of sun on Vail Mountain
January 7, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while one-foot snowboarding down Simba Run in Vail
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 3 inches new snow overnight, 17 inches in last week
Weather: Very sunny and very cold
Liftline status: About a 10 minute wait at Eagle Bahn Gondola at 9:30 a.m.
Run of the day: Simba was running really nice if you like groomers, powder hounds best head back to Blue Sky Basin
Breakdown: Cold temperatures are slowing the snow down once again. And with the especialy sunny skies we’re seeing today, it’s going to be a tough day on your face. Stay protected.
Snowcast: The National Weather service forecasts sunny skies Monday and Tuesday morning with an increasing chance of snow Tuesday night into Wednesday.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Eagle County surveyor arrested for alleged illegal marijuana grow
- Obama taps local school chief for administration post
- Four Argentinian J-1 workers scrambling for housing after falling victim to a Craig’s List rental scam
- Surveyor says he’ll be cleared in pot grow case
- Report of gun in Edwards leads to felony charges