On the Hill: New snow at Beaver Creek
January 8, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter/copy chief Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding down Red Buffalo at Beaver Creek Resort.
Ross Leonhart uses an iON AirPro3 action camera. Send comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beaver Creek official report: 2″ in last 24 hours, 14″ in last week
Weather: Mostly cloudy and cold
Liftline status: Not too bad
Breakdown: Beaver Creek reported 2 inches of new snow overnight, adding some soft stuff on top of the packed snow. According to Ski Patrol, Stone Creek Chutes will be opening Thursday.
Snowcast: The National Weather service forecasts a slight chance of snow Wednesday and Wednesday night into Thursday.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Skier dies at Loveland Ski Area Friday
- Envisioning a future Gypsum: Community’s new master plan contemplates ‘nontraditional’ downtown
- Tennis sensation Venus Williams orbits into Vail’s Homestead Court Club
- Eagle’s Pickups Pizza expands menu, hours
- A sacred place: A tribute to Sandy Treat and the 10th Mountain Division