On the Hill: New snow at Beaver Creek
January 8, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter/copy chief Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding down Red Buffalo at Beaver Creek Resort.
Ross Leonhart uses an iON AirPro3 action camera. Send comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beaver Creek official report: 2″ in last 24 hours, 14″ in last week
Weather: Mostly cloudy and cold
Liftline status: Not too bad
Breakdown: Beaver Creek reported 2 inches of new snow overnight, adding some soft stuff on top of the packed snow. According to Ski Patrol, Stone Creek Chutes will be opening Thursday.
Snowcast: The National Weather service forecasts a slight chance of snow Wednesday and Wednesday night into Thursday.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Obama taps local school chief for administration post
- Eagle County surveyor arrested for alleged illegal marijuana grow
- Four Argentinian J-1 workers scrambling for housing after falling victim to a Craig’s List rental scam
- Surveyor says he’ll be cleared in pot grow case
- Report of gun in Edwards leads to felony charges