On the Hill: Nice layer of fresh at Vail
March 22, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down Lost Boy at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow in last 24 hours, 14 inches in the last week
Vail Daily field report: 1-2 inches new snow as of 9 a.m.
Liftline status: The Eagle Bahn Gondola maze was starting to fill by 9:30 a.m., but wasn’t as packed as other Saturdays have been recently.
Breakdown: It’s snowing on Vail Mountain, the runs that were groomed this morning, yesterday or the day before are running very nicely with a little layer of ego dust over the top of the groom.
Snowcast: Following today’s storm it should snow Wednesday night through Friday morning, with additional storms possible during the first week of April, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- Jury duty both frustrates and fulfills would-be jurors in Eagle County
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations