On the Hill: Nice layer of fresh at Vail
March 22, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down Lost Boy at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow in last 24 hours, 14 inches in the last week
Vail Daily field report: 1-2 inches new snow as of 9 a.m.
Liftline status: The Eagle Bahn Gondola maze was starting to fill by 9:30 a.m., but wasn’t as packed as other Saturdays have been recently.
Breakdown: It’s snowing on Vail Mountain, the runs that were groomed this morning, yesterday or the day before are running very nicely with a little layer of ego dust over the top of the groom.
Snowcast: Following today’s storm it should snow Wednesday night through Friday morning, with additional storms possible during the first week of April, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Missouri developer buys Leadville’s historic rail yard, plans mixed-use community
- Avon police put down deer injured by hunter
- Aspen man’s ‘I didn’t do it’ joke backfires spectacularly
- Man ordered to pay $260K for reckless skiing in Keystone
- Johnstown man who died at Broncos game Monday leaves behind wife, five children