On the Hill: Nice layer of fresh at Vail
March 22, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down Lost Boy at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow in last 24 hours, 14 inches in the last week
Vail Daily field report: 1-2 inches new snow as of 9 a.m.
Liftline status: The Eagle Bahn Gondola maze was starting to fill by 9:30 a.m., but wasn’t as packed as other Saturdays have been recently.
Breakdown: It’s snowing on Vail Mountain, the runs that were groomed this morning, yesterday or the day before are running very nicely with a little layer of ego dust over the top of the groom.
Snowcast: Following today’s storm it should snow Wednesday night through Friday morning, with additional storms possible during the first week of April, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- Dogs of Vail: This town has gone to the dogs — from hotels to bars, dogs are welcome
- Vail Daily letter: Anti-Trump sign inappropriate for Fourth of July parade