On the Hill: Odd ring around the sun over Vail Mountain
Ryan Summerlin April 17, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers a Vail conditions report while snowboarding down Prima at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official snow report: 0 inches new snow in the last 24 hours, 10 inches in the last week
Vail official snow depth report: 68-inch mid mountain base, 317 inches total this season
Liftline status: Getting busy
Breakdown: These days, conditions get more difficult the closer you get to the bottom of the mountian. On ungroomed north facing slopes at the top, the chop powder has stayed soft enough to power through. At the bottom you’re in for some crust. Of course, on groomers, conditions are pretty much perfect.
Snowcast: It doesn’t look like that Wednesday night storm is going to hit us after all, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Trending In: On The Hill
- The big surprise: Bride says ‘I will’ and ‘I do’ on same day atop Vail Mountain
- Vail Valley Foundation names new board chair
- Sophisticated scammers try to swindle local businesses
- Vail Beaver Creek Restaurant Week makes offseason eats affordable with $20.16 price points
- Avon Town Council denies sales tax rebate