On the Hill: Over 4,000 acres open at Vail
April 18, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers a Vail conditions report while snowboarding down Après Vous at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official snow report: 0 inches new snow in the last 24 hours, 10 inches in the last week
Vail official snow depth report: 67-inch mid mountain base, 317 inches total this season
Liftline status: Not bad
Breakdown: With more that 4,000 acres open for closing weekend, Vail has plenty of fun terrain to explore. The back side of the mountain turned to a choppy slush around noon or so on Thursday, making conditions really fun there.
Snowcast: Expecthigh elevation snow showers on Saturday, mostly above 10,000 feet, with a few more showers popping up again on Sunday, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Eagle, homeowner team up on grant request to tear down Broadway house
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- American Airlines will have daily air service from Dallas to Eagle County
- Alleged internet predator arrested, jailed for sex with 13-year-old girl
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past