On the Hill: Pepi’s Face opens to powder on Vail Mountain
December 22, 2013
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down the runs Spruce Alley, Spruce Face, Lindsey’s and Pepi’s Face.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 3″ new snow overnight, 12″ in last week
Vail Daily field report: There’s a foot of untouched snow in places
Weather: Cloudy, with light snow at the higher elevations
Liftline status: Crowded today
Run of the day: Lindsey’s and Pepi’s Face were just opened
Breakdown: With a foot of new snow in the last week, conditions are fantastic at Vail. Nearly the whole mountain is now open, so despite the holiday crowds we’re seeing, the powder is staying relatively untracked in many places.
Snowcast: The National Weather service is reporting there’s a 100 percent chance of snow for today, 80 percent chance for tonight, 70 percent for Sunday during the day, 70 percent chance of snow for Sunday night, and 40 percent chance of snow for Monday.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- Eagle, homeowner team up on grant request to tear down Broadway house
- American Airlines will have daily air service from Dallas to Eagle County
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past
- Alleged internet predator arrested, jailed for sex with 13-year-old girl