On the Hill: Plenty of powder at Vail
March 20, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding through Lower Cady’s Cafe on Vail Mountain.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow in last 24 hours, 14 inches in the last week
Weather: Very sunny but cold enough on top to keep the recent powder soft
Liftline status: Busy at Chair 4 by 9:30 a.m.
Breakdown: The whole spectrum of conditions can be found on Vail Mountain today – powder, packed powder, soft groomers, hard groomers, ice, you name it. There’s plenty of variety for those who bore easily.
Snowcast: The best powder coming from the upcoming storm will be on Saturday with 3-6+ inches for the northern and central mountains, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Vonn returning to Vail; extends career one more season
- Armed carjacking near Red Cliff has police searching for two suspects
- Avon video game store robbed; police searching for suspect
- Lots of factors play into decline of Mexican travelers in Vail
- Mysterious Aspen ski rental contract may relate to Trumps