On the Hill: Plenty of snow remaining on Vail Mountain
June 8, 2014
Today’s activity: Snow tubing on Vail Mountain’s Adventure Ridge
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Conditions: Vail Mountain’s Adventure Ridge park, atop the Eagle Bahn Gondola, opened for summer operations on Friday with ziplining, ropes courses, and snow tubing. Snowpack was above average this year, allowing Vail to keep its tubing operation running into summer.
Today’s weather: Partly sunny, with a high near 64. Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 2 p.m. South wind 10 to 15 mph becoming west northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent. — National Weather Service
Trending In: On The Hill
- Vail opens Back Bowls, bringing terrain to 1,285 acres
- Can Cottonwood Pass ever be a viable detour when I-70 though Glenwood Canyon is closed?
- Woman bought gun shortly before she was found dead with sons
- Couple’s Fulford cabin is port in the wilderness
- The Bookworm of Edwards staff chooses best books of 2016