On the Hill: Powder day at Beaver Creek
January 5, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter/copy chief Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding through some fresh powder down Helmut’s at Beaver Creek Resort.
Ross Leonhart uses an iON AirPro3 action camera. Send comments and suggestions to email@example.com.
Beaver Creek official report: 0″ new snow, 5″ in last week
Vail Daily field report: 6-8 inches of fresh powder as of 9 a.m.
Weather: Snowing, with temperatures in the 20s.
Liftline status: Not too bad
Breakdown: Beaver Creek has some fresh powder Saturday morning, and it is still snowing into the afternoon.
Snowcast: The National Weather service forecasts a 100 percent chance of snow Saturday, 90 percent Saturday night and 70 percent chance of snow on Sunday.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont
- Lodge at Cordillera can sell, federal judge rules, but legal battle continues
- Manhunt underway near Basalt for two men believed to be suspects in Thursday’s armed robbery in Carbondale
- Ritz Bachelor Gulch owner opts to fight felony charges
- Vail hotel/apartment proposal may earn final approval