On the Hill: Powder day at Beaver Creek
January 5, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter/copy chief Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding through some fresh powder down Helmut’s at Beaver Creek Resort.
Ross Leonhart uses an iON AirPro3 action camera. Send comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beaver Creek official report: 0″ new snow, 5″ in last week
Vail Daily field report: 6-8 inches of fresh powder as of 9 a.m.
Weather: Snowing, with temperatures in the 20s.
Liftline status: Not too bad
Breakdown: Beaver Creek has some fresh powder Saturday morning, and it is still snowing into the afternoon.
Snowcast: The National Weather service forecasts a 100 percent chance of snow Saturday, 90 percent Saturday night and 70 percent chance of snow on Sunday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- Man arrested in Aspen after claiming to be ex-NFL player Chad Ochocinco
- Steamboat Springs man dies after bicycle crash near Yampa River Core Trail