On the Hill: Powder day at Beaver Creek
January 5, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter/copy chief Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding through some fresh powder down Helmut’s at Beaver Creek Resort.
Ross Leonhart uses an iON AirPro3 action camera. Send comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beaver Creek official report: 0″ new snow, 5″ in last week
Vail Daily field report: 6-8 inches of fresh powder as of 9 a.m.
Weather: Snowing, with temperatures in the 20s.
Liftline status: Not too bad
Breakdown: Beaver Creek has some fresh powder Saturday morning, and it is still snowing into the afternoon.
Snowcast: The National Weather service forecasts a 100 percent chance of snow Saturday, 90 percent Saturday night and 70 percent chance of snow on Sunday.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- Eagle, homeowner team up on grant request to tear down Broadway house
- American Airlines will have daily air service from Dallas to Eagle County
- Alleged internet predator arrested, jailed for sex with 13-year-old girl
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past