On the Hill: Powder day at Vail
February 10, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down the Chair 5 line at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 7 inches new snow and 24 inches in last week as of 5 a.m.
Vail Daily field report: 7-8 inches feels about right, but it’s heavy snow and rides like a foot or more of the light stuff would.
Liftline status: Not bad at all for a powder day
Run of the day: Anything in Blue Sky
Breakdown: Blue Sky Basin ended up opening late and closing early yesterday, so the snow back there is probably better than most of the mountain today with regard to the traffic it sees.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service says it should continue snowing every day this week except Tuesday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- Man arrested in Aspen after claiming to be ex-NFL player Chad Ochocinco
- Steamboat Springs man dies after bicycle crash near Yampa River Core Trail