On the Hill: Powder day at Vail
February 10, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down the Chair 5 line at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 7 inches new snow and 24 inches in last week as of 5 a.m.
Vail Daily field report: 7-8 inches feels about right, but it’s heavy snow and rides like a foot or more of the light stuff would.
Liftline status: Not bad at all for a powder day
Run of the day: Anything in Blue Sky
Breakdown: Blue Sky Basin ended up opening late and closing early yesterday, so the snow back there is probably better than most of the mountain today with regard to the traffic it sees.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service says it should continue snowing every day this week except Tuesday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- One dead in apparent ATV crash in retail store parking lot in Gypsum
- Partially decomposed body found north of Eagle near Burger King
- Breaking: Mountain lion spotted near Eby Creek and U.S. Highway 6
- Goat yoga — no kidding — available in Vail
- Town of Eagle eyes nearly $83,000 total payment to former manager