On the Hill: Powder day at Vail
April 3, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down Poppy Fields and Whiskey Jack at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 3 inches new snow in the last 24 hours as of 5 a.m., 11 inches in the last week
Vail Daily field report: 3-4 inches of fresh on the ground with more falling
Weather: Cold and snowing
Liftline status: No lines on the East side of the mountain this morning — Chairs 6, 10, 11, 14, 21
Breakdown:Winter conditions have returned to Vail, with plenty of snow falling and cold temperatures. The snow feels great underneath your feet, but visibility is difficult, so try to exercise good form and stay lower to the ground.
Snowcast: Light to moderate snow will fall Saturday, Sunday, and perhaps into Monday morning, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Vail Daily letter: A compliment for the community, a critique for the paper
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound reopened between main, East Vail exits
- Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident
- Glenwood commuting challenge mounts for Eagle County residents