On the Hill: Powder day at Vail
April 3, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down Poppy Fields and Whiskey Jack at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 3 inches new snow in the last 24 hours as of 5 a.m., 11 inches in the last week
Vail Daily field report: 3-4 inches of fresh on the ground with more falling
Weather: Cold and snowing
Liftline status: No lines on the East side of the mountain this morning — Chairs 6, 10, 11, 14, 21
Breakdown:Winter conditions have returned to Vail, with plenty of snow falling and cold temperatures. The snow feels great underneath your feet, but visibility is difficult, so try to exercise good form and stay lower to the ground.
Snowcast: Light to moderate snow will fall Saturday, Sunday, and perhaps into Monday morning, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- Locals searching for dog that fled head-on crash on Vail Pass Saturday
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations