On the Hill: Powder day at Vail
April 14, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers a Vail conditions report while snowboarding down Northstar at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official snow report: 9 inches new snow in the last 24 hours, 13 inches in the last week
Vail official snow depth report: 74-inch mid mountain base, 317 inches total this season
Weather: Partly cloudy, cold
Liftline status: Getting busy
Breakdown: It’s a powder day with winter conditions at Vail. It was very cold this morning, so hopefully the 10 inches of snow we’ve received in the last 48 hours will stick around for a few days.
Snowcast: Another storm will bring 2-4 or 3-6 inches of snow to the northern half of Colorado on Wednesday and Wednesday night, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Glenwood commuting challenge mounts for Eagle County residents
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident
- Vail Ski and Snowboard Academy Class of 2017 is Overachiever U
- The year is complete and RPI is officially a mess