On the Hill: Powder day on Vail Mountain
March 27, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down Cow’s Face and Riva Ridge at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 4 inches new snow in the last 24 hours, 11 inches in the last week
Weather: Cloudy, snowing on and off
Liftline status: No lines at Chair 6 this morning
Breakdown: It’s a powder day at Vail, but unlike many of the powder days we see, Vail’s 5 a.m. snowfall report is exactly what you’ll find on the hill. Often when it’s snowing, another inch or two will fall after the 5 a.m. report, but not today. Four inches is what’s reported, and that’s what’s on the slope – just enough to call it a powder day.
Snowcast: Most mountains in Colorado will see 10 or more inches of new snow by Friday morning, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- Locals searching for dog that fled head-on crash on Vail Pass Saturday
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations