On the Hill: Powder deep in places at Vail
March 31, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding under Chair 11 at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 1 inch new snow as of 5 a.m.
Vail Daily field report: 6 inches in places, light and fluffy snow
Weather: Cloudy and snowing on top of the mountain
Liftline status: No lines anywhere today
Breakdown: Some areas of the mountain only have 1 inch of snow this morning, but others have half a foot. It was a windy storm so you’ll have to find where it was blowing the powder … happy hunting!
Snowcast: Light snow for northern Colorado Monday night through Tuesday, moderate snow will fall on most mountains Wednesday through Thursday and Thursday could be a powder day but there’s lots of uncertainty on that, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Missouri developer buys Leadville’s historic rail yard, plans mixed-use community
- Avon police put down deer injured by hunter
- Aspen man’s ‘I didn’t do it’ joke backfires spectacularly
- Man ordered to pay $260K for reckless skiing in Keystone
- Johnstown man who died at Broncos game Monday leaves behind wife, five children