On the Hill: Powdery in Blue Sky Basin
March 21, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding through Heavy Metal and Little Ollie in Vail Mountain’s Blue Sky Basin.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow in last 24 hours, 14 inches in the last week
Weather: Sunny, with some clouds rolling in in the afternoon
Liftline status: The usual lifts were crowded today. Instead of Chair 2, we’d recommend skiing down to Gondola One and taking Chair 3 to get to the same place with less lines.
Breakdown: The whole spectrum of conditions can be found on Vail Mountain today – powder, packed powder, soft groomers, hard groomers, ice, you name it. There’s plenty of variety for those who bore easily.
Snowcast: The best powder coming from the upcoming storm will be on Saturday with 3-6+ inches for the northern and central mountains, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Activewear company Liquido ticketed, faces fines for Hanging Lake conduct
- Vail Valley Foundation announces free concert lineup for Vail and Eagle
- Town of Eagle parts ways with former manager John Schneiger after one year
- Paraglider crashes into river near Eagle; rescued by passing rafters
- ‘Poop patrol’ aims to fix park waste issue