On the Hill: Powdery in Blue Sky Basin
March 21, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding through Heavy Metal and Little Ollie in Vail Mountain’s Blue Sky Basin.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow in last 24 hours, 14 inches in the last week
Weather: Sunny, with some clouds rolling in in the afternoon
Liftline status: The usual lifts were crowded today. Instead of Chair 2, we’d recommend skiing down to Gondola One and taking Chair 3 to get to the same place with less lines.
Breakdown: The whole spectrum of conditions can be found on Vail Mountain today – powder, packed powder, soft groomers, hard groomers, ice, you name it. There’s plenty of variety for those who bore easily.
Snowcast: The best powder coming from the upcoming storm will be on Saturday with 3-6+ inches for the northern and central mountains, reports meteorologist Joel Gratz with opensnow.com.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Missouri developer buys Leadville’s historic rail yard, plans mixed-use community
- Avon police put down deer injured by hunter
- Aspen man’s ‘I didn’t do it’ joke backfires spectacularly
- Man ordered to pay $260K for reckless skiing in Keystone
- Johnstown man who died at Broncos game Monday leaves behind wife, five children