On the Hill: See avalanche zones in Vail
August 19, 2014
Today’s activity: Hiking, checking out avalanche zones in East Vail
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Report: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte takes viewers on a hike up the Deluge Lake Trail in East Vail, crossing several avalanche zones along the way. The Deluge Lake Trail runs 3.8 miles in one direction along Deluge Creek, starting at an elevation of 8,710 and ending at 11,746 feet.
Today’s forecast: Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly after noon. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 72. West southwest wind around 5 mph becoming south southeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent.— National Weather Service
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: On The Hill
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- At Tommy Zima’s you’re not in Gypsum anymore
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks